WRECKED was one of those working titles that stuck. At first it was kind of a joke–one of our earliest readers often teased us about our book MASSIVE CRASH–but we came to really like the double meanings in it. Yes, it’s about a (space)shipwreck, but it also describes the processes that the characters go through, and how everything falls apart so easily.
But it’s also a very simplistic title, and doesn’t quite convey everything we’d like it to about the book. Yes, it’s a science fiction story, but it’s also a romance, and it’s also a survival tale, and it’s also a story about two people breaking out of the fates and lives pre-determined for them. So with a ton of brainstorming, and a lot of help from the brilliant folks over at Disney-Hyperion, WRECKED now has a brand spankin’ new title!
So without further ado, our new title is…
THESE BROKEN STARS
We’re really excited about this title change, and we want to share that excitement with all of you! So to celebrate, Amie and I decided to do a giveaway! The lucky winner will receive one of the following:
- A query critique from both of us OR
- A first five pages critique from both of us OR
- A pre-order of a 2012 debut we’re psyched about – THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas, WHAT’S LEFT OF ME by Kat Zhang, SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by Susan Dennard, STORMDANCER by Jay Kristoff, SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo–or the 2012 debut of your choice!
- For one entry, comment on my blog and let me know what your favorite science fiction book is and why. If you haven’t read much science fiction before, tell me what science fiction book you’d really like to read!
- For one entry, comment on Amie’s blog and let her know your favourite title, and why.
- For two entries, add THESE BROKEN STARS on Goodreads (you earn two points if you’ve already added it)
- For one entry, tweet about the competition (once a day – you can use this text if you like: Come celebrate @meaganspooner and @amiekaufman’s new title, THESE BROKEN STARS, & win books or critiques! http://bit.ly/H9x5Qg)
- For two entries, blog or FB about the competition and leave us a link.